woensdag, maart 23, 2016

Plenty of Clues

Yesterday was an awesome day and a sad one. For me it was awesome because I went to see a movie in The Hague and arrived early so I could go to the Maurits Museum and see the girl with the pearl earring, such a lovely gal. Sad because of what happened that I didn't know. Only when I was back home and my dad told me just before he switch of the TV, the attacks in Brussels, Belgium. Strangely I could have known. Plenty of clues. Let me sum it up:
  • During my route delivering the mail, more planes came down than usually. I noticed how close they were. My thoughts, "It must just be busy today."
  • At home I checked the train schedule, some lines had fallen out, but my train still leaves. My thoughts, "Must be okay, right."
  • At the trainstation, I hear some lines fell out between the airport and the next city, buses would come to replace them. My thoughts "My train still comes, it is on the board. If not, I will think about going back. Must be some technical problem."
  • On the train, two men in conversation, one said he had to go past a line to get on the train. My thoughts, "Hmm.." And I continued reading the biography of Johnny Cash.
  • Arrival at Central Station in The Hague. There was a whole bunch of cops getting instructions. My thoughts, "Maybe there is something.."
  • First I went to get my ticket for the movie, discovered it was on 16.00 and I say the sign for the museum and thought I had still plenty of time. I go visit. On my way there, I saw armed guards at the second chamber. My thoughts, "Must be normal now. I just need to make sure I don't make any stupid gestures, like opening my backpack."
  • At the museum everything is normal. In two hours I saw it all, went to see the girl 3 times, it was not too crowded so I could admire her for some time. The dutch Mona Lisa. Griet from the movie. I only noticed one thing when I looked outside, the EU flag on one building was halfway.. My thoughts, "Why? Is there really something that happened or just a mistake?"
  • Walking back to the theatre and I crossed the main centre of the Dutch government, the Knights Hall, while I came to the end, going through the gates, a whole team of armed guards stood out there. My thoughts, "That is strange, so many.."
  • I still had some time left, so bought a record at a music store, walked around an old church, saw the grave of Spinoza and went to the theatre. No one at the movie talked about anything, but the movie. Which was really good.. I talk about it in another blog, I promise. I left the theatre and went home. Even though the movie was on the top of my head, I did remember some of the things I found strange that day.
  • Home my parents were just doing their normal things. Watching television and I share a bit about my day. After an hour my parents go to bed and I hear from my dad something about Belgium.. My thoughts, "WHAT!!"

Geen opmerkingen: